Saturday, April 30, 2005

Post Pregnancy Butt vs. Philosophical theology

I was catching up on some of my friend's blogs since I have not been reading them while I was on 'computer hiatus'. This period of time is also known as blog delinquency. So, anyway, I had some catching up to do. Let me preface the content of the other blogs by saying that I really had this need to question the evolutionary benefit of post pregnancy butts. If you are male or are scared by butts, please stop reading now. You may be the kind of person who would enjoy a wine spritzer while you watch Whose Line is it Anyway? Don't get me wrong - I like that show - but it is not butt talk quality. So if you don't wish to read about the ravages of pregnancy to the feminine form, skip to the last paragraph and follow the link.

So I have found that one problem with the double post partum body is the remaining double post partum butt. I am not sure why, but now my butt resembles a double chin, so to speak. This is concerning, since I do not know of any specific exercises to remove double butts. And, being the biologist that I am, I am stuck as to what evolutionary advantage this would have for a new mother. That being said, think on that a while and let me know if you come up with anything.

If you would rather read something deep and philosophical, check out www.warmincarolina.blogspot.com where Derek and Bob and Rob (be sure to check the comments) banter about the sanctity of life, the right to life, and the bible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sorry, my dear friend with the heart shaped butt, that you feel your tush now resmebles a double chin! I just had to laugh....my butt started crawling up my back before pregnancy. I commented to my neighbor with the twins when I was in my 9th month of pregnancy that it felt like I had one baby in the front and two on either side of me in the back. If you need a 'pick me up', come stand next to me and you will feel all better! P

Derek said...

Just for the record, we're pretty much done discussing the whole thing. I don't know if we've agreed to disagree, but we've agreed that we have different opinions. Every effort will be made to avoid delving into the topic again anytime soon.

Canton Mommy said...

Derek-
I am hoping that you are referring to the last paragraph and not the middle one. I sure hope you skipped the middle one, or at least can come up with a good answer for me.

Derek said...

I have nothing to contribute regarding the middle paragraph. I never started discussing it, and therefore, would not be in a position to stop.

I was, as you suspected, referring to your last paragraph, and more specifically, the whole capital punishment thing. I continue to post on a variety of topics as mood, energy, and time allow.