Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Emma's Dolphin Story

A few posts ago I sent in a picture of some Emma art - a lone dolphin jumping above the water. Today, she colored a second dolphin (no tuna for this kid) and wanted to write a story. Emma's writing is more than painfully slow right now, so she dictated. Her mind moves faster than her mouth, so I can understand why she did not want to sit and try to write it all down. This summer I had already planned a book writing project together, so this is a good start and a great indicator that she is right in the spot she needs to be to really get a lot out of such a project. Here's her story so far, according to her dictation:

"Then, another dolphin came up to its friend and said, 'Holly! How are you doing?' Holly said, 'Let's go to my house and play.' Then the other dolphin said, 'Okay.' 'Okay, Sharma! Let's go! Let's go to my house and play princess games on my bed.'"

Emma kept rambling after that, but Daddy was taking dictation and stopped writing about then (I was writing an Advanced Biology test) as Emma poured out the antics of the crazy, princess focused dolphins, Holly and Sharma.

The End

2 comments:

Lydia Netzer said...

Holly and Sharma, the dolphin princesses! I luuuurrrvveee it!

Anonymous said...

It's really cool how young children love dolphins so much. I see it all the time. I hope she continues to enjoy dolphins and maybe she can become the next Wyland, (a famous dolphins painter).
God Bless,
John