Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Emma the Incredible and her sister, Mary the Amazing

You may have noticed, Internet, that there are quite a few pictures of Mary and maye a serious lacking in the Emma Grace photo department. You would be right, you amazingly observant frequent Journiers! (Wait - did I just coin a phrase? I did! You fabulous friends that visit are hereby known as Journiers! And I am in love with my exclamation points tonight! Aren't you glad you stopped by?) Anyhow, back to the subject, which is the elusive 5 year old living here. Two things to note: 1) she does not like her picture taken. She now hides when the camera (or camera phone!) comes out. She is a victim of a scrapbooking, web blogging mother and she fears being captured on digital film. Also, and almost more importantly, 2) she does not sit still or stop moving long enough for me to get a picture. Usually her fleetness requires me to run after her, stopping her from imminent injury (or worse) and leaves me little time to grab a camera and take a flash photo. I am sure that in a short period of time Mary will accomplish the same degree of camera shyness and pictures will continue on, consisting only of things the girls have done in the minute before I grabbed a camera to record the moment and not actually any little people. There will be evidence of them, but probably fewer actual instances of smiling, shining little faces. Until then, Journiers, you will get to see lots of sweet Mary (mostly from behind, I am noticing, but occasionally from the front). I hope you can live with this, this small piece of the children growing up, because that is what I see, increasingly - the back of their heads as they push forward and continue to explore the world Out There, always in front.

No comments: