Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sick and Sundry


Well, for once it isn't me that is sick. Our poor little Mary is suffering from a pernicious cold that causes her brain to continually leak out of her nose. For a while it was so bad that it was also leaking out of her eyes and was a weird, greenish yellow color. But we got some drops to stop that problem and are left with the oozing nose. She is sniffly and snotty and rather miserable and this is going on a week now. Jim also got the cold, as did I, but I managed to recovered rather quickly while Jim is still dripping about. He complains a lot and I just give him 'That Look', which means to communicate "I went through 4 weeks of Sinus infection HELL while you were gone so don't tell me how worn out you are without any extra rest". It must get the message across very clearly, since he isn't complaining quite as much as in the beginning of the week. So I have been trying, for the entire week, to keep Mary's cold contained. Everything she touches or sneezes on gets thrown immediately into a sink of soapy water and is scrubbed down before being returned to the general play area. I must be doing pretty well, since Emma does not seem to have any of the cold symptoms yet. Yesterday, however, I pulled dinner out of the oven and looked up to see Emma and Mary taking turns drinking from Emma's sippy cup.
Oh, hell and bother.

No comments: