Monday, December 19, 2005

The Busy Husband


My busy, busy husband has been, well, busy. He began his vacation last week Friday when, consequently, he also began working. Now he will tell you that I am doing this to him, but understand this is his quest. He has decided to put crown moldings, chair rail moldings, sub moldings, and wall frames in the Dining Room and Living Room all by himself. So much for his vacation. He is really making some wicked progress, all things considered. By that I refer to the whole sleeping and eating thing that gets in the way of so many productive moments for all of us. He is about 3/4 of the way done with all of the wood work in the first of the two rooms. To do this he had to, of course, move all of the furniture out of the way. Emma wasn't too happy with all of this commotion. She saw the living room filled with furniture and random wall decor and said, "WOW. This is a Really Big Mess, Daddy. You better clean ALL up. Mama be very, very angry, Daddy. This is a very, very big mess." Leave it to my daughter to point out the obvious. But once the wall frames started going up, Emma was less concerned about the mess. Today after nap time Emma peeked in there and said, "Mama! Daddy's making squares and rectangles for the wall! I LOVE rectangles, Mama!" She even went in and caressed the top of one special wall frame while repeating her undying affection for the shape. I am just glad she hasn't asked him to put up a triangle or a circle. I can't imagine how that would effect the room in the end. Then again, I never considered a crush on a parallelogram.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Ann, what triggered the Boston lingo? A New Kids on the Block flashback? Since when did you start describing things as "wicked"? I need to know these things.

Jim, keep kicking butt. I have to respect those people that can make home improvements. In almost 6 years, I've put up 2 ceiling fans and some wire shelves in the garage. That's it. No painting. Very little rearrangement of furniture.

Oh, and don't worry about the square crush. It won't be too long and some cute hexagon or octagon will come along, and that square will be history.

Canton Mommy said...

Derek- I didn't realize that was Boston lingo. It seemed like the best way to explain it, since I had not previously seen such rapid changes made in the house inless there was an entire crew. As for the progress, though, it slowed to all but a halt the minute I mentioned it. So much for that.