Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Little Nothings

I've not been writing much because we are back to potty training with Emma. That pretty much takes up all of my available patience, leaving me a raving lunatic and unable to sit quietly and write. But now Emma has decided to do it all HERSELF, except for a couple of intermediate steps such as putting her panties back on or putting the towel back on the rack. Now, I did not mistype that - Emma must get completely naked when she uses the toilet. I am not sure where she got that from, since I believe she has never seen Seinfeld. So except for the problem of figuring out solid waste going INTO the toilet, she is progressing along with the training. On a lighter side, the game she invented for the afternoon is running around with her hands clasped, presumably because she has captured my "pretty eyes" and I am supposed to chase her down and get them back.

Mary is quickly becoming the next cutest being on the planet. Nothing specific, mind you, just a bunch of consecutively sweet and endearing actions. Today we made tissue paper butterflies and she loved hers so much that she had to put it in the stroller and take it with us on a walk. Yep, I'm telling you, PURE CUTENESS.

Well the children are clamoring for dinner, so I think that, as the only parent currently in the house, that responsibility falls to me.

1 comment:

Diane said...

"Do it myself" is something we hear a lot. It's a toddler mantra.

Still no interest from Fiona! But there are signs of readiness (from her, not me).

Mary sounds so cute - it's such fun to see different they are!