Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Multimedia message

(My homemade sinusitis cure)

I am under the influence of a summer cold this week. Monday I had an enormous headache. Today it has evolved to a sneezing fit with a sore, swollen face. Nothing that is bad enough to render me useless, or even to send me to bed, mind you. Just enough to thoroughly annoy me and keep me near the tissue box. So, after Sudafed and Motrin did not make a dent, I got desperate. I wandered out to my garden and cut some lavender and wrapped it up in this tidy little package with 2 tea bags and a few drops of peppermint. Then I moistened it and microwaved it for 30 seconds and laid it on my painful face. Sweet relief! It cleared my nose and soothed my headache. I have found a wonderful new use for my lavender! The little yellow package also removed my makeup, which you can see in the perfect shape of my eyes right in the middle there. Anyhow, I had no right to makeup with the blotchy face I was sporting, so I guess that all worked out.

3 comments:

Derek said...

I take it that you had seen this concoction somewhere before. Otherwise, I'd ask how you decided on that specifi group of ingredients.

Canton Mommy said...

Hmmmm.... hard to answer. I know lavender is used for aromatherapy all of the time, so I searced on the internet and found that it is combined with peppermint for headache relief. I threw the tea bags in because it is something I have read to reduce swelling under your eyes. I think the teabags didn't contribute, but the peppermint and lavender worked out nicely!

Derek said...

I just go with 2 Extra Strength Tylenol and a nap.