Thursday, August 23, 2007

New restaurant

Jim decided that it was too late after working out to wait for me to fix a dinner, so he stopped at a new little Mexican restaurant on the way home. Upon sitting down, Mary poked me on the arm and said, with her hands clasped in sincerity, "This is my very most favorite restuarant. Can we eat here forever?"

Hmmm. I'm not sure whether it was the waterfall sculpture as we came in or the promise of endless tortilla chips that had her at hello, but it was love at first sight. The food was fresh and excellent, not acutally like eating at a Mexicna restuarant at all, which made me like it, too. And it was CHEAP! Not like Taco Bell cheap, but cheap enough to pretend we ate at home and did not affect the monthly budget. We are always affecting the monthly budget. There were haircuts this month, and dog grooming, and, GASP!, I suggested I might like to get a massage after my race on Saturday! That last one, according to the family CFO, would tip the precarious balance into certain ruin. So, after figuring out we were poorer than Uncle Tom, we ate out. Too bad massage appointments aren't ruled by the stomach like dinner is.

No comments: