Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Blog, Blog, Blog....

You wouldn't believe it if I told you. I blog constantly. Really, I do. Almost every minute of the day, I have a constant monologue accompanying me, making spectacular and witty observations. Imagine my surprise when I review my blog and find none of it there. Some day the need to come up with software that will type what you are thinking when you need it. That would make my life a lot more interesting - and documented. Aside from talking to myself in my head all day, I have been filling every spare moment with crafts. It has been in the 90's here with humidity that makes trees wilt from the weight of it, so I have been spending a lot of time in the basement with the kids and the craft area. I recently bought a climbing/slide toy to put down here so that Emma (and soon Mary) can expend some energy on days we cannot, or do not want to go out. We also put down some of those colorful foam floor mats that interlock like a puzzle to extend the play area. There are two bound remnants that measure about 8 x 10 and 10 x 14 feet, and then the 8 x 8 area of playmats. We brought down our old TV from our bedroom (a little 9" screen with a video player built in) and hooked up a small DVD player to it as well. It doesn't get any reception, but it does play Dora and that is all that matters in this house right now! So the girls have plenty of toys (most of the noisy ones) and things to do downstairs. The idea was that I could scrapbook or do crafty things while they played nearby. WELL, LET ME TELL YOU - that was laughable! When I walk off of the designated play area, Emma suddenly cannot manage the Jack-in-the-Box by herself. Then she cannot climb up the little rock wall alone. Her shape sorter is suddenly out of sorts and can only be righted by me. In other words, she is glued to me. So what ends up happening is I spend short 5 minute bouts of time pulling out everything and really WANTING to craft, but end up playing with the pop-on blocks instead. Then when they go down for a nap, I can't get to my craft area fast enough to do everything I have been wanting to do all morning. Likewise for when they go to bed. So, consequently, I do not spend too much time on the computer. Hence the lack of reliable blogging. I would be surprised by now if anyone besides my loyal Lochmoor Mom even checks this any more.

I would go on, but now it is late and I am tired. I still must pick up the toys and put sheets on our bed. We had Mary's first birthday party this past weekend. I cannot believe she is going to be one on Thursday. My little ball of love is walking occasionally and speaking quite a few words, both of which shock me every time they occur. I will get some pictures up soon, as well as an account of the festivities.

5 comments:

Lochmoor Mom said...

Yes, loyal lochmoor mom checks daily to see if there is a new post! I'm just giddy about this lengthly one. I too have a constant monologue blog going on in my head. Then I have to ask myself..'self, if the inlaws read this in a written blog, would you then be and outlaw to them'? So, I end up not blogging every observation and opinion.....and I have MANY. I'll be checking again tomorrow.

Derek said...

Ann, there is voice recognition software. Any thought of trying that?

Canton Mommy said...

Ah, yes Derek, but would it hear the voices in my head?

Derek said...

Considering you don't do things very quietly, I'd say there's a 60-70% chance that, yes, it would. Deciding which one to record would be the hard part.

And by the way, I've posted. You may want to avoid the comments, though.

Canton Mommy said...

Spoken like a true nemesis. Nice to see you back in the circuit, I think.