Monday, June 25, 2007

Running Anyways

I said that school as ending, so I am sure there has been anticipation and excitement, knowing that any MINUTE now I would post something. I certainly understand that sentiment. I have officially been on summer vacation 1 week today, and let me tell you - I don't understand how I have effectively added 10 hours to my available daily time yet I still cannot get everything done in the span of a day. It's not that I'm slacking - I've been up at 5:30 running almost every day, even weekends. The girls have had playdates, pool fun, bug hunts and field trips, not to mention puzzle time and stories with Mama. I'm flummoxed. Now, there have been days where I've planted for five hours to get flowers in that should have been done in May, and I completely understand those days. It's the endless laundry and cleaning that have bested me.

In random kid events, My little Mary uttered a dirty word. She was maneuvering a particularly difficult section of a self imposed obstacle course and uttered "Oh, shit". I said, "Mary, what did you say?", she replied, "Um, I said..... O......cean". So she also knew to change the word when confronted. Emma's newest expressions are, "Oh, HEAVENS!" and, "This thing HATES me". Both of them send me into fits of giggles.

The things these kids learn!

No comments: