Monday, April 10, 2006

Vagabond Life

Well, here we are in Minnesota, visitng close friends. The adventure is trying to get 4 girls (5 1/2, 3 1/2, 3 and not quite 2) to sleep in the same room. It is "nap time" right now, which just means the adults take turns going in and looking menacing. Little Mary is out cold, but the rest of the girls cannot keep themselves quiet enough for one of them to try to sleep. It is humorous, if only it didn't mean the lack of napping. We went to lunch at a great little Mexican restaurant, where the waiter chatted away with me and Jim in Spanish. Sometimes, I would like to not speak Spanish so that I could just sit there quietly and not have to think. But the food was incredible and Mary ate EVERY bite, which is highly unusual. Diane and I escaped for a pedicure this morning and now the guys are headed out to do something manly without the kids around. Later we are going to go wrok out (the kids get to play at a cool kid's area), then take all 4 girls to the open pool thing. We'll see how that goes, since they are ging to be pretty tired and most likely very grumpy. The best laid plans and all of that....

The most excitement happened yesterday at the Zoo, when I thought I lost my phone. We back tracked and spent a lot of time looking on the ground, only to go home disappointed. Later I found that it had fallen out of my coat and was living on the floor under my seat in the car. That was a happy ending.

No comments: