Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just Delivered

According to the post office, the official invite was delivered on Monday, April 3rd. Here is the letter (more or less) that I wrote out and sent to Martha:

Dear Ms. Stewart,

Please accept an invitation for yourself and a guest to join my dinner club in a celebration of C--H-- Village and Martha Stewart.

C-- H-- Village was once one of Henry Ford's 19 "Village Industries", fitted with a factory to provide small scale industrial production in a rural setting to help part time farmers. Before that, it was a small crossroads town with a church, a cemetery, a hotel, and a school, established in 1834. Our neighborhood has taken it's strengths from the past and built upon itself into a better and stronger community. The remains of the Ford Village were expanded on and added to with a blanket of Victorian era homes swathing an entire community, complete with a town square, shops, a general store and a theater. The history of this village mirrors your own evolution. You share the indefatigable and paradigmatic spirit that the very town embodies. Your visit to our community will give you an exclusive opportunity to experience these unique values C-- H-- Village holds within itself. You will also be able to glimpse what your own Twin Lakes community will be like when they take up the sodality of Martha Stewart.

For the past two years I have been involved in a dinner club in my neighborhood. Every month we take turns hosting the event. The hosts provide all of the recipes for the meal, along with the main course. Every meal is based on a theme, such as an Italian Night or A Summer Barbeque. I will be hosting our club in June and I am planning a celebration of strength of character and perseverance to commemorate our community- a "Martha Stewart Night". The spirit of the night will be drawn from our own community. The inspiration for the meal will be from your cookbooks. Your presence there will complete the fellowship.

Please find the enclosed invitation that I have made and sent to you. We have not set the exact date for our dinner club meeting yet, so I am able to offer you a choice of dates. Please RSVP, if you would be so kind, as to which date you would be able to attend, June 17th or June 24th. For planning purposes I ask that you respond no later than May 27th.


Not that I expect anything, but in the most odd event that something does come of it, I should paint some additional rooms of the house.

3 comments:

Lochmoor Mom said...

Paint or get your feng shui in order! I think Martha is into feng shui.

Derek said...

First, I give you credit for sending the invite. Most people would have wimped out, but you went for it. We'll see what happens.

Second, I was wondering if you needed a towel to wipe that BROWN stuff off your NOSE.

Finally, thank you for the idea. I may have to post what MY version of the letter might have looked like (assuming I'd been drugged and held at gunpoint to hold a dinner party)

Canton Mommy said...

Pictures, definitely! I have been having dreams about MArtha coming, not that I put much store in that. But it is more like getting ready for Martha, dreaming about the STRESS and the CHAOS and the list that would have to be 3 miles long for all of the preparation. Whew! I'm exhausted just imagining it....