Friday, September 08, 2006

First Day of Preschool


Wednesday began a new era: the one where Mary gets to be an only child for a period of time twice a week. This picture is Emma's new pose which she busts out every time you tell her you are going to take a picture. There are some others, with Mary and Mama and Daddy, but none are as wonderfully Emma as this one. She started preschool at Real Life Nursery School and Farm , where she goes Wednesdays and Fridays and can stay the WHOLE day! This is mostly because every day they go to the farm and help take care of the animals. Then they also get to go on hayrides and ridehorses and things like that. This would be hard to do with 2 hours a day. Plus, Mary gets some primo Mama only time, which this week has been Mama/Daddy time - a VERY rare thing indeed.

When I called to check on Emma at lunch time, she was doing fine and still wearing her purple hat (and her Larry Boy watch, and her flower multi color necklace - one MUST have accesories). When I checked the web cam at nap times, she was fast asleep with her pink fuzziness blanket and matching pillow. When we came to pick her up, she cried. SOBBED. And told us how she 'missed-ed' us because she loves us. And how she shared her flower necklace with one girl but not another. And how they learned about God who made the Earth. And how they have blue beds to sleep on. And all of the injustices a toddler suffers in one day, and all of the REALLY EXCITING things she did. All told, I think it was a net positive. Today, anyhow, she was happy to go and did not even look back. And I get all of the baby Mary (who is not really all that baby-ish any more) snuggles and love and kisses that I want. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Lochmoor Mom said...

Lovely pose, Emma!

Lydia Netzer said...

Many things:
1. Emma is great in purple!!! That is a GREAT color for her -- and the hat is spectacular.
2. The preschool sounds amazing and wonderful -- can I put Sadie there too please? I've never heard of such an awesome preschool.
3. What kinds of sedatives are you taking to get yourself over the fact that she'll be around horses and whatnot without you there to break the horse's neck if it gets ideas? I applaud your fortitude, seriously. You are a rock.
4. YOU GET A WEB CAM FOR NAPTIMES??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This preschool is the BEST! I can't even imagine a web came for naptimes. That is astonishing.
5. I just looked at the web site for this school and I want to move into it and live there forever. If there were a school like this around here, I would crawl over shards of glass to get my kids into it, and then I would ask you to share your sedatives with me.

LUCKY EMMA!!! And lucky Marypie to get Mama all to herself! :D