Friday, September 29, 2006

Lunch at Olga's - WITH Olga


My Mom has stayed with me this week, since when she came down she decided to break a rib. Yes, you read correctly. She came down to watch Emma while I took Mary to an orthopedic doctor about her knock-kneed stance. 10 minutes before we got home, Mom was climbing on a chair to reach batteries for a new game she got Emma, when she fell off and landed in the space where my kitchen island once stood. Subsequently, the force she required to move the island when she landed broke her rib. So she stayed. That was my fortune, even if it WAS because she broke a bone. So today, she started to get cabin fever. We went out to lunch at Olga's in Westland Mall and to our surprise, Olga herself was there. Ha! I didn't even know there WAS a real Olga! As a matter of fact, I usually don't eat there - we went because it is a favorite spot of my Mom's. Mary wasn't too impressed, although she liked the fries dipped in ranch sauce. You can see she is looking to make a quick escape with her doggy bag. But it was a fun diversion!

3 comments:

Lochmoor Mom said...

My gosh Olga has aged! My friend Dawn and I chatted with Olga years ago at the A2 location! How funny you and I both met her.

Lydia Netzer said...

OMG! I used to love Olga's Kitchen! Okay, now I'm totally moving back to Michigan. See you at church.

Canton Mommy said...

OK, NEVER tease me like that. Seriously, I would DIE of happiness if you were coming to Michigan and your Sadie Grace and my Mary Leona could make endless cuteness together, and I would never have to send my children to a school and we could play instruments and sing folk songs about scientific naming a la Nemo ALL DAY LONG. Really, church would be nice, too.