Monday, December 04, 2006

Housebound and Productive

Today I was very ambitious in the house, especially the kitchen. This is probably explained by my lack of being able to go the gym and run right now, but I am using it to my advantage. Today, while the girls napped, I cleaned out my refrigerator. I found I had a lot of apples and left over cranberry sauce I couldn't bear to part with. So, I thought I would try this with the cranberry sauce (I had some rather frightening bananas, too). Then I set this up in the crock pot. I'll let you know if they are keepers. I also had more laundry than a small country to do and put away, and I am still in the middle of that.

This weekend we bumped around the house and finished juggling furniture between the bedrooms, including the demise of Mary's crib/toddler bed. The nursery used to look like this, a very long time ago (one year ago):



And now it looks like this, as of yesterday:



Emma's room got a bit of a turn around, too, since we moved an entire bed and dresser out of it. it originally looked like this:


And now, like this:


I bought some curtain things that will just have to do for a year until we move, but those are not up yet (obviously). Before, one hardly noticed the curtainless windows. Now, they make the room look like an orphanage. So Jim has some Things To Do this evening when he gets home (after he eats all of the food I made). Well, I must get back to laundry, and I'll post the picture with the curtains later. I will spare you the gory details of the sobbing and weeping that occurred when Mary went to sleep in a regular twin BED instead of a crib

1 comment:

Lydia Netzer said...

WOW. The rooms look great. Very super cool. The kinds of rooms that well-adjusted and happy children live in! The kind of rooms the rest of us only see on TV! Hehehe.