Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Cringing Mediocrity

Nothing funny or insightful to post tonight, but I didn't want to fall into another non-posting rut. My Mom came down and helped me take the girls to get pictures - it was for Emma's 2 year pictures and a token one of the girls together, just to mark the passage of time. It was interesting to watch Emma, as she would do everything to photographer told her to do, with a bit of a toddler filter. When the lady told her to put her arms down, she did it with fists, then the lady told her to look up, but Emma was still thinking about her arms, and put them straight up into the air. She was trying so hard to do what the lady wanted! I really felt like the whole experience was a mild form of torture for a 2 year old. She has this new thing where she plays "Emma Baby" and pretends to cry. She has to curl up in my arms and be rocked at that point. I know I should discourage things that resemble regression, but it is the only time I get warm snuggles from my oldest baby and I eat it up.

Mary is crawling completely now. She is mostly drawn by the ratty dog toys, then directly to Emma's most prized possessions. Emma used to be paranoid about "Nee-nee" coming to get her or her toys, and now she is right. I think it is hilarious. Really, Mary adores her and wants to play. We have started rolling the ball back and forth between the 3 of us (me, Mary, Emma) and it tickles both of the girls pink. Mary was afraid of the ball at first, since it is a big purple ball the size of her upper body. Now she loves it and is successful in rolling the ball in the desired direction. She squeals and claps her hands when she does that.

Well, that is all I can dredge up tonight. I am really tired since Mary is cutting a tooth and cries all night long in her sleep. I have to go and put away laundry. Then I can go to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Off the subject here, but I was just reading Derks blog....looks like you need to send back a few of those stickers he sent Emma to glue his car back together. Just a thought. P