Monday, May 16, 2005

Dinner

I made corned Beef Brisket tonight with carrots and potatoes. It was incredibly easy and I don't know why I hadn't done it before. I remember eating it when I was a kid and didn't really care for it, but tonight it was great. The potatoes and carrots were so soft Mary could eat them, and both kids liked it. I left out the cabbage, because I hate how it smells (and I didn't have any on hand). So it was good and I feel like a culinary discovery has been made. I think even Derek could make this dish.

4 comments:

Derek said...

Could and would are two different things. Particularly considering the vegetable presence.

Anonymous said...

I checked out the corned beef brisket you told me about when I went shopping last night. I almost bought it but when I checked the sodium content my eye popped out of my head. Considering my husbands BP, I had to put it back. It sounds wonderful though! P

Canton Mommy said...

Well, glad to see someone is paying attention here. Paula, the reason for the salt content is to "corn" a beef brisket, you have to soak it in salt for a week (http://beef.allrecipes.com/az/CornedBeefandCabbage.asp). I prefer to buy it already done, as I do not plan dinner a week in advance.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure a salt lick is much more affordable! my husband would have loved the the beef brisket since he could live on salt, however, I want him around to see Victoria grow up. Thus, we will have to avoid all salt soaked meals. We finally got his BP under control. P