Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Triathlon Blog

For any one who CARES to see all of the hours of cold, wet swimming and not so much of the other two sports, you can try this link. I started training the wek of September 11th, so you can go back on the little calendar and see all of the things I have been doing for 4 weeks. If you don't care about the exact numbers, the jist of it goes like this:

I am so bad at swimming I couldn't even swim far enough non-stop to do the fancy drills the book wanted me to push through. So I stopped following the book - a break, if you will -and just swam. That's all. I'm on week 2 of only swimming, 4 or 5 days a week. Things are going well, especially since I figured out how to zone train using heart rate information. Ugh, it all sounds so technical. It's not, really - I swim. I think next week I will try the training book again, I'm feeling a little soggy.

2 comments:

Lydia Netzer said...

That is such a cool site - how it tracks everything for you and all the graphs and whatnot. I repeat I think you're completely a rock star for doing this. Mad props.

Canton Mommy said...

Mad props! I don't even know what that means. But are you better? Are you still heaving up the very earth below you? Surely if you were better you would do something equally as unbelievable, that or Benny would split an atom and we would all be put to shame. But we would be SKINNY! while being put to shame, and that is what this is all about.