Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Mary, Genius Artist Extraordinaire

Yesterday, Mary watched a video. It was a nice little work my brother-in-law put together with images from the Monterey Aquarium set to nice, classical music. Jim was bumping around on the computer and she was watching him, so she asked him 100 times what the little creatures on the screen were, and he answered (100 times): jellyfish. Later that evening, she was doodling on her magnadoodle and drew this:

To do this, she had to take the little kitty shaped magnet and turn it upside down, then draw the lines, AND to make a SET of jellyfish. I was thoroughly impressed. If those don't look like a jellyfish, I don't know what 2 year old drawing would. That's it. I've nothing more to display to prove my daughter's genius status. You'll have to take me at my word.

2 comments:

Lydia Netzer said...

OMG that is completely amazing!!! Especially how she utilized the magnet she had to do the job she needed done -- that's INCREDIBLE. She's a problem-solver! Totally completely a genius!

Canton Mommy said...

G E N I U S, I tell you! And ***6*** hours later, to boot. That's incredible and true learning, unabated and unfettered. Jellyfish! I shall always love jellyfish more for this.