Friday, June 10, 2005

And Time Goes Marching On

So I haven't posted in a few days. Mostly I am dumbfounded that Jim will have to go back to Saudi 10 days after he gets home next week. I am wandering around, not picking things up, not wearing makeup, and letting the kids run around in nothing but diapers. I even laid in bed while Mary napped and Emma bumped around my room, surreptitiously watching AristoCats. I just can't seem to care about it. It? Well, that would be trying to make it until Jim gets home and keep up the facade that I can maintain everything even though he is traveling. I really just want him to be home now and have my normal day back. Not this muddled repetition of sleeping and waking with all of the days running together. It doesn't seem to matter how many people I see during the day, the evenings and the housework are still oppressive and dark. That's all I will say now. I don't want to do the single Mom thing any more, and certainly not for 3 weeks at a time.

No comments: