Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Status Quo

Well my dear husband made it home today, safe and sound, thank God. He came in just as I was coming downstairs with both girls after Mary's morning nap. They girls were all dressed in pretty yellow dresses, although I myself was only in shorts. Emma sported little pigtails, which are as darling as any 2-year-old can get. She cinched that category when she saw Jim and ran into his arms at full speed, yelling,"Daddy!" with the exuberance only a child can display. Mary got all excited and laughed (in happiness) and waited until Emma was done and Jim looked right at her to say, "DADA!!!!". It was a great homecoming and so wonderful to see my children so happy and animated at Jim's return. Jim looked blissful. So for the afternoon, things returned to normal and it seemed like he was never gone. We went to lunch (Wendy's), and Mary and Emma kept alternating calling Dada and Daddy for him to respond on the drive there. We came home, put the girls down for their naps, and I collapsed from exhaustion while Jim, wired with caffeine, put together the behemoth climbing toy I bought almost 2 weeks ago. When Emma saw it, she loved it. We had pizza for dinner - that is a Wednesday night tradition, so nobody better get on me for not cooking a meal for him. Jim was glad to eat some good food and said that lunch was the most expensive meal he's had in 3 weeks. Well, it is 8:15 and the whole of my family is in bed and I am by myself. It is nice, in a way, to catch my breath, clean up the kitchen and the girls' toys, and sit down to a quiet house. I did finish off my bucket-o-calories today and I hope to not see that dreaded ice cream again for a long time. I am going to go spend some time with my Stampin' Up! orders and catalog and possibly make a few cards to send to people. I have been trying to do that for 3 weeks now and haven't made it yet, so we'll see. BTW, I'd like to welcome my friend in Jackson to the blogging world. You can check out her blog at www.lochmoorlife.blogspot.com . Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann, I was so glad to hear that Jim got home. I have been reading both of your blogs and praying for his safe return as soon as possilble. God answers prayers. Your girls sound so adorable. I am glad you are enjoying them so much.
Derek's mom

Canton Mommy said...

Mrs. Brautnick-

That is really sweet, thank you! My girls are wonderful, and I should figure out how to post pictures of them before long!

Anonymous said...

C'mon! If I can figure out how to post more than one pic so can you! Now I just have to figure out how to upload new pics to the program. Show the internet your adorable girls!!!!

Derek said...

Looks like I get to get on Mom for her spelling of "possible" (there seems to be an extra "l" in there). If you're not careful, Mom's gonna start coming down just to have little kids to play with.