Sunday, February 12, 2006

For the Princess in training

I was looking at beds and kid's furniture online for Emma. We want to make a "Big Girl" room for her (and eventually Mary, too). I feel bad that she is sleeping in the guest room, with all of her clothes and toys in the nursery and Mary, in contrast, is sleeping in the fabulously decorated nursery with murals I painted myself. I'm big on equality and I must say that falls incredibley short of the definition. So we are looking at what it will take to make the guest room into a girl's bedroom. I am in love with Pottery Barn's Madeline twin bed, but the price is downright scarey. So I was browsing around and found something that was purely terrifying: a life sized Cinderella coach handmade with a full or queen size bed inside for a mere $47,000. Click here to see the actual bed. It is on a site called Posh Tots. I should have known by that name. Anyhow, it made Pottery Barn look like pocket fluff. I found a nice set at Art Van that I think we are going to go with. Check out the dresser here. We're going to wait to see if they have some good sale on President's day weekend. Well, the children need to be bathed, so I'm up to bat.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Anything that costs $47,000 should have an engine and go from 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds. I don't think she's ready for that yet.

Art Van has some kind of sale nearly every week, so you should see a discount at some point.