Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Offspring Oddities

Today Mary has a cold and Emma has a tooth. She went around all day telling me she has a tooth. I tried asking her which tooth hurt, but she kept pointing in vague directions in her mouth and nothing was really conclusive. I finally figured it out at dinner when she explained that her "tooth" was behind and under her tongue. It seems she has a sore throat, I believe. The tooth reference probably has to do with Mary's continual state of teething that I wander around mumbling about. The other funny thing that Emma said was in regards to the computer. She likes to play the kids games on Nick Jr. And Noggin and she calls them Emma games. Jim has the computer set up so that when she clicks on her account, explorer automatically loads and the homepage is Nick Jr. She has learned how to use the mouse to get to the games/videos/etc she wants and can play a fair amount of them by herself. She calls these Emma games, and usually wanders over to the computer with a very serious, resigned statement that she has to play an Emma game. Today, as usual, she told me she had to play an Emma Game and then turned on the computer and added, "Because I'm Emma". That cracked me up for a good couple of hours.

As for Miss Mary, she is talking more than any other baby I know. I actually wrote down all of the words she said over a few days and have come up with about 150. Now she is putting those all together and is saying 2-6 word sentences. Emma had a vocabulary of 3 words when she was this age. Mary can sing the whole Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star song. She can even place blame, an important thing to learn when you are the younger sibling. When I ask her if she is stinky she always replies, "No, EMMA stinky". I think I should be worried.

No comments: