Sunday, February 12, 2006

It was Colgate

Well, Readers, it seems that a 2 word post really gets some response. As a matter of fact, it is rivaled by very few posts, excepting that one about my sinus infection where my faithful nemesis got roasted to a smoking crisp. Ah, that was fun. Anyhow, I have a couple of things I have to address. First of all, really good to see you, Karol. For those of you who don't know (which is many, I assume at this point), Karol and I (and Amy) were inseparable during 7th and 8th grade. We spent a lot of time writing notes (coded, as you already know) and taunting a very special group of guys which included my nemesis, Derek. It just seems that some things never change. The coded notes held PRECIOUS and VALUABLE information about liking guys and the whatnot. Oddly, the guys seemed DRIVEN to nuttiness by not knowing what was in these notes. So we made a code. I don't even remember what the code was based on, but all that mattered is the guys were flustered. Junior High was such a good practice for life. And those toothpaste names. That was a funny thing. It came up because Karol said when I smiled I looked like a Colgate toothpaste add. I have a big smile, I think. My little Emma has inherited that from me and when she smiles you can see every tooth in her head. Anyhow, since Amy's name automatically shortened to Aim, and I was the Colgate sponsor, that left Karol. I think she was Crest, since it started with the same sound as her name. I must admit that I bought Colgate for years just because of this.

I can only hope that future posts, especially those meant to incense Derek, produce just as much response as my last one did. The children are screaming and fighting over a toothbrush. I must go and intervene.

2 comments:

Derek said...

I have to admit, you do probably win some kind of award for most comments per word written. And yes, I can still smell the smoldering flesh from that sinus infection thing.

You were pretty pleased with yourself for those coded messages. I also recall the look of shock and horror when I cracked the code. This was merely a precursor to my reign as Math God at LHN.

Thanks for the explanation on the toothpaste stuff. I didn't even know you guys did that.

Canton Mommy said...

Karol- I actually remember quite a bit more about it, but I felt the detail was little to tedious to be enjoyed by others. Odd, though, I didn't remember much about the code. Goes to show you how funny memory is! I do recall how satisfied we were when they got a hold of a particularly DAMNING note and the shock when they saw it was coded!!!! Ah, the good old days.