Wednesday, May 03, 2006

And the Tax Man Cometh

So I got my hair cut and I am relatively happy with it. I really need to get the highlights touched up, but I have to wait 2 weeks. Until then, I will just not look in a mirror. In other news I have not mentioned, I did another all day crop (that's scrapbook lingo for 12 HOURS OF SCRAPBOOK THINGS) this past weekend. My good friend and neighbor, Zoe's Mom, and my new scrapbook buddy, my MIL, were both there. The only problem with spending 12 hours making progress on backlogged photos is that right afterwards you are on some sort of scrapbook high and that is ALL you want to do every waking moment of your life. And then your spouse, who watched the children all day and half of the night, also wants to do solitary non-children type of things every waking moment and not a lot of anything gets done for a few days. Then we get to Thursday and laundry starts getting done again and meals get made and children get extra fun things to do to make up for all of the television they watched the rest of the week. Or maybe Friday.

So that is where I am right now. I had to search online for some album hardware to make my albums large enough to accommodate the copious amounts of pages waiting to be put in them. And I found what I needed and ordered it RIGHT AWAY before any of this pining gets out of hand.

We are getting a railing put around our patio tomorrow which was supposed to be done yesterday when it was raining. Then today they couldn't start because it was too wet and something something blah blah blah. But they did indeed start and dug post holes and put posts in the ground where the rails will come down the steps. I am quite excited about quaint little white rails lining my patio and find myself a bit impatient about the whole ordeal. I will, of course, post some pictures. Right now there is nothing to post except some random 4 by 4 posts sticking up from the ground. Also, the sprinkler man John is sending one of his crew over to finish up the fixing of the sprinkler system. See, after we had our entire yard overhauled and planted on top of the original sprinkler system, some of the sprinkler heads fell in places that were not very helpful. One was on the outside of the solid fence. Another one was not anywhere at all, but merely waving around 2 feet in the air since a 7 foot pine tree had taken up residence where that head used to live. This created a problem for using said sprinkler system. So we had to have John the Sprinkler Man (who is really nice in person but quite accusatory on the phone) come out and re-plan the whole watering system. Tomorrow he will be done (hopefully) and I will pay him a large sum of money. Then the guy who is doing the railing on the patio will put the finishing touches on the railing and I will hand him another sum of money and they will all go home happy with bulging wallets and I will sob in the corner of my beautifully landscaped yard with working sprinklers and quaint rails because my home equity loan has given so much for my yard and it will never be so full again. Not even I pay it and all of the millions of dollars of interest off when I am 80. But the sound of the waterfall and the fish, along with the prospect of planting herbs behind the flagstone patio will soon make me happy again and I will forget all about the gobs of money until billing time at the end of the month.

Speaking of this month, I have not yet made the Mother's Day gifts I wanted to make this year and I am not sure if they are going to get done. Can you believe that? So I may have to go shopping at my local gift store which has WONDERFUL things in it and is the only open store in our "downtown" at the moment and spend some money on some very meaningful and cute things that do not require photos or little pieces of paper at all. Also, I am going to New York later this month to spend some time with my dearest friend in the whole world. We are going to catch a Broadway Musical and eat at some New York-ish type restaurants and so some touristy New York type of things. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

No comments: