Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Back at home, back to bicycles and dirty diapers, Kraft Mac and Cheese, Hot dogs, and play parks. New York is a distant memory but there are good things to that, too. Gone are the taxi rides (Breathless), the taxi fares, the noise and commotion and the $100 meals. I am quite happy, in truth, to be eating salad and cheese with fruit. I seriously think I gained weight by eating our way through the city. It was great while it lasted, I admit, and laundry and vacuuming are a far cry from Broadway shows and Frescatelli Carbonara. So I guess I can boil it down to an old saying: It was a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I am fabulously happy to be walking toddlers to the park or playing my piano while they dance in the living room. Today during their naps I intend to do laundry and watch the season finale of Desperate Housewives, which was TiVo'd while I was at Caroline's on Broadway. The break was intense and wonderful and I am looking forward to our next adventure in a year. We did talk about going to Disney World with all of the kids sometime in March, so we may do that before we trek out on our own next May or June. Meanwhile, the men need to make their equivalent trip plan, before Diane has another little body around to keep them from doing such a thing. I don't think they are going to choose New York, but I am sure it will be just as interesting.

Well, the natives are done with hot dogs and it is time to put them down for naps. Hooray!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Feeling about the same! I am happy to be home and eating leftovers. But wow, that was fun!

Thanks for a wonderful and memorable weekend!