Sunday, May 21, 2006

For those of you wondering, while Wifey is off having fun in NYC, I have been home with Bunny #1 and Grandma Saunders. Bunny #2 is off with Mum and Papa. I haven't heard how much fun she is having but I will pick her up today, so I'm sure she'll tell me.
Emma has been a little angel. Yesterday we went to the store and for a bike ride. Emma rode, we walked all the way to the big park. For those of you not used to walking alongside a toddler on a bike, it goes something like this:
E: Look, Daddy! I'm doing it!
D: Good job, Honey!
E: Oops, Daddy! I got stuck on your foot!
D: (grimmacing from the 5th time my foot has been run over in the last 50 feet). Its okay. Do you want me to push you?
E: No, Daddy! I'm a big girl like just you and Mumma! I ride my bike all by myself!
D: (rolling my eyes) Okay, Honey. Can you pedal a little faster?
Emma pedaled like mad and I think rarely exceeded 1 mph at any point except for the last stretch where I convinced her to race me. I think i walked at a normal pace.
It has also been windy here for the past two days. I told Emma we would fly her kite at the park. Dear readers, this was more work than it sounds. The kite needed a tail and the wind was too inconsistant to keep it aloft. It crashed on Emma twice (she wanted to stand right under the kite as I tried to get it in the air). Other than her gaining a healthy appreciation for gravity, she was unharmed. Unfortunately, Daddy was unsuccessful in getting the kite to stay in the air more than a few seconds. It usually required me to run across the park at full speed trying desperately to keep the wind to my back just to keep it in the air. Needless to say, I ran out of park and breath. Emma laid on the grass and told me she was tired. We went back to the house and played with her bouncy ball.
Today we went to the World Explorer Cafe ( or whatever it is called). Emma was the only kid there most of the time. This required Daddy to chase her through most of the playscape. After an hour, Emma told me she was tire and wanted to go. I guess I did my job! :)

No comments: