Monday, May 01, 2006

Spring is Here!

Well, I have been asked and then nicely asked again so I am trying to carve out some time to sit down and post something. It's not that I don't have things to chat about, it is that I got busy and ignored the computer for a little while. But Thank You to my regular readers for giving me grief while I lazed about. First I want to say that with spring here all of our new landscaping that was put in last November is starting to bloom and it is GLORIOUS. So I've included a picture for you to enjoy. This week we will be getting a railing put on the patio, so the view will actually be different next week. In other news...

Check out this funny song here. I found it when I was looking for a title for a scrapbook page about noodles and I found that silly song. My kids love it and I love it until it will not stop playing in my head at all hours of the night. I swear if you play it 3 times in a row it will get stuck on a loop in your mind.

Recently, a close friend of mine mentioned that all she ever wanted in her role as a mother was for her children to think she was the best mother ever, and to BE that mother. This got me to thinking. In reality, wouldn't we all like to have that? But truthfully, is that even possible? The criteria for this changes depending on what side of the issue you are on. Now, her kids are a little older than mine and they are at the stage where they think everything she did up until now was, well, wrong. I realize that this is a normal part of development, but it pains me to think so. And there are some situations where her children are wrong and even THEY know it, but they won't drop the pretense. This whole thing really bothered me to a point where it keeps rattling around in my head and won't leave me alone. You would think when they grew up and have their own kids they would see the difference, yet I also have an example where that is not the case.

And on the other side of the coin I read an article in the Sunday Detroit News how parents are now contributing to the middle class lifestyle of their children into their 30's! I am talking about 20 somethings that have jobs making $30,000 a year and Mom and Dad are still sending reimbursements on a MONTHLY basis. Now I don't mean to gripe and moan, but I don't recall any stipends coming to me after I was on my own. So do I get to collect that? Some examples were $300 a month or a purchased apartment in Manhattan. Man, that would be nice to cash in on now! Are these children grateful for their situation or are they still rolling their eyes at Mom or Dad when they complain no one calls or writes anymore? That's just wrong, unlees, OF COURSE, I am also getting the benefits!

Well, I plan on blogging more later, but right now I can't figure out why picture is not loading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

F.D.R. said "speak softly and carry and big stick". He ran a whole nation that way and was loved for it so I decided on a much smaller scale, of course, to try that philosophy while raising my children. It didn't work. I was only remembered for the BIG STICK, which, by the way, I never really used. But while trying to be the "perfect mom", I guess I must have gotten a C or C- on my report card. Oh well I tried. If it hadn't been for that BIG STICK I'm sure it would have been for the Naughty Cornor!