Thursday, March 31, 2005

Bohemian Rhapsody

Emma likes to go "bye-bye". I can't understand why, since she hates the actual car ride. So we went out as a family the other day and Emma was thrilled and eager until she was strapped in her car seat and the car was moving. The protests began. I asked her if she would like to listen to some music, and she said (miserably) yes. I happened to flip to a station that was playing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It was right at the beginning and Emma let me know she did not appreciate my choice of music. So I told her to wait, it would get better. Of course, it did! Jim and I became highly animated (while cruising down Ford road) and sang the different operatic parts to entertain our 2 year old. Of course, it also entertained us, but we wouldn't have done it by ourselves (I think). Emma laughed and giggled and enjoyed the show, as did Mary, whose eyes were wide with disbelief. Upon completion of the song, Emma immediately began moaning again about the slings and arrows one must endure in the shape of car rides.

Jim and I tried to figure this out. Emma escpecially enjoys going "bye-bye" with my parents. We came to the conclusion, since they always say she is wonderful in the car for them, that they must engage in some sort of entertainment to pacify the toddler. This led to the mental image of my parents rockin' to Queen with Emma in the car.

That needs to come out in therapy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even better - rent Wayne's World at home and watch the Bohemian Rhapsody scene with your girls. Mine love to watch it over (and over, and over, and OVER) again.

Derek said...

Have you thought about letting her play with stickers in the car?? Hmmmm?? Or maybe she's more of a Led Zeppelin fan.

Anonymous said...

What I would have given to be a fly on the window (please, don't smash me) to see the two of you perform your operatic show!!! P.

Anonymous said...

That's OK... Josie is a 10-year-old Beatlemaniac!!!