Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Fun Never Stops

So Emma had the family party yesterday. Everything was very nice and my mom surprised us with a tasty meal - Thank God for Moms. We had a cake that Jim made (with faboo buttercream frosting) and little Dora sugar candies on top. Emma ate it faster than any of us (surprise!). Children got tours in Emma's new wagon, then they ran around, gifts were opened and Emma now has 1,000 stickers. That is not an exaggeration. Thanks to my nemesis, Derek Brautnick, she received a nice package of 1,000 'stinky' stickers - scratch and sniff for the aughts. With a penance like that I should be immediately transported up to heaven for a glorious eternal life RIGHT AWAY. That should occur just for having received that many stickers. I have hidden the stickers until I can figure out a perfect rebuttal to this gesture. It will surely involve Emma using 1,000 stickers - I just have to figure out how.....

4 comments:

Derek said...

Ann, you have to admit that I told you they were coming. I just didn't tell you when or how. Can you at least share Emma's reaction to getting the stickers? Please?

And remember, I tried to tender my nemesis resignation, only to have it refused. I would not have tried to make your wonderful daughter so happy if I had been allowed to retire. So this really isn't even my doing. It's yours. You can thank me later.

Canton Mommy said...

For you and only you, Derek: She "oooooooo!!!!"-ed and jumped up and down, saying "YES! YES! YES!" Or maybe that was for the cake.

As for the nemesis resignation, you enjoy this too much to give it up, regardless of your tenured status.

Derek said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Derek said...

You can't stop me. You can only hope to contain me.