Monday, November 28, 2005

Goodbye, dear friends

Well, patient Reader, I took a little hiatus from my musings to take care of some life. Nothing bad, just the normal holiday blitz. My dearest friends on the whole of this Earth left this evening after 5 wonderful days of visiting. The entire family (the couple, their 2 daughters, and Diane's mother) stayed here. You wouldn't believe that I could put a family of 5 up without moving one person from their normal sleeping vessel, but it was done. I really find that amazing. The only down side to them staying here is the extra laundry. And the leaving, which goes without saying. It is not the chore of doing the laundry, only putting it away, which currently seems to be one of my more difficult tasks to complete. The girls all got along fantastically, despite frequent uses of ice packs for some collision or other. The dog even had one nasty accident involving Derek and Sabrina that I won't begin to describe. Just know that I am calling the groomers first thing tomorrow morning. A pleasant side effect of company is the multitude of leftovers that you can use for the remaining days they last. Thanksgiving paraphanalia, random Chinese dishes, some LaShish middle eastern food and quite a few oranges. Please don't ask about the oranges, it is a sore subject. So tomorrow it is back to the normal routine, and based on this morning when they left briefly and my children turned into Demon Spawn, it looks like a long week ahead of me. Oh, and Jim might go to Phoenix on Wednesday. Just glad I had a nice weekend.

No comments: