Thursday, March 16, 2006

Insidiousness

So after a few Moblogging days using my new camera-equipped phone, I haven't had a chance to add anything. You must know, Reader, a dear friend of mine really gave me grief for putting up so many pictures. "Come ON," she said, "Lunch from Home Depot???? Where's the picture of the clerk that sold you the mouldings?!?!?" I have to justify - of course. When I am home, my laptop is on all day on the kitchen counter. Since we have a cable modem, I receive emails as they are sent. I also check various sites through out the day and frequent blogs that are my favorites. I just assumed everyone would be doing the same. So, if you were checking in two times a day, you would be able to see the progress on the "Big Girl Room" project. If you checked it on Monday, you would only see a series of pictures that really didn't tell you anything. So I apologize. The only time I got to do anything close to blogging was when I was out getting more paint or buying mouldings. Anyhow, I thought I took a SWEET food picture - it was like an advertisement!

So we finished painting Emma's room, although Dora is till not quite done. The furniture came on Tuesday and the room is all together. We are waiting on the shades which are in transit and the valances and bedspread, which are back ordered until May. We didn't get to the closet organizer but plan to do that this weekend. I have been busy trying to catch up from no housework being done for 3 days. Remember, this is after being sick the week before and never quite getting all of that backlog done. So today it is the exciting job of cleaning toilets and dusting, along with precarious piles of laundry. Yesterday I got out the Space Bags I asked for at Christmas time and bagged up all of my miscellaneous bedding - then I sucked the air out of them and stored them like layers of a sandwich. I'm going to be buying more of those bags!

Well, my short time of napping children has ended. I think we are going to go to the gym and workout for a little while. I haven't been in forever, it feels like, and I must start going again. Maybe I'll take a picture of the place for my loyal readers.....

4 comments:

Lydia Netzer said...

PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!

You must post pictures at all times! :) I do check it! SO! Moblog away, you maniac!

Edited to add: I always get the comment verification WRONG. What's the matter with me??!

Canton Mommy said...

Would it help you if I took a PICTURE of the word verification?! I had to set it up because I started getting really annoying SPAM on my comments. Can you believe it???

Derek said...

OK, one question. How do you vacuum the air out and not have the clothes (or whatever's in the bag) get sucked into the vacuum?

Canton Mommy said...

Space bags - they have a handy little valve that keeps things like pillow stuffing and what not from being sucked out along with the air. One bag was not sealed right and has now exapnded to 3 times what it should be at the top of my closet. I am going to leave it there.