Monday, March 27, 2006

Wakeful Musings

Just for the record: it is 2:39 AM and I have not slept a wink. I think it was the caffeine I had at dinner (which was WAY later than usual at 8 PM) and I am not yet tired. Of course, it is a good thing I was not sleeping, as Mary has been moaning and crying every hour that has passed. I just went up with some Tylenol, hoping that when I do finally get to sleep she will stay quiet. So I was on the computer, bumping about random blogs when I found this one. This lady is incredible. She makes these wee tiny little crafty creatures that made me want to run to the sewing machine and replicate. She is my new craft hero-ess.

Today (well, technically yesterday) we went to visit my new twin nephews. Zachary Leon and Alexander Gary are 1 week old as of Sunday. They weighed over 7 1/2 pounds EACH. My poor, HUGE sister-in-law was just unreasonably tortured, having almost 16 pounds of babies inside of her for so long. We went to their house, bearing gifts for almost everyone, as her birthday was yesterday and their daughter's 2nd birthday was today. Everyone seems to be happy and healthy. My brother, Jeff, told me that so far having twins was easy. Bully for you, Jeff. Just thinking about twins and a 2 year old is hard for me, so more power to you.

I wanted to go to the Target over by their house (they live about an hour away), since the quilts I had ordered for the girls' beds have been discontinued and I have decided to get Dora comforters and just be done with it. The Target over here is out of stock. But we went in the afternoon and then had a nice dinner with my parents at TGI Fridays, and it was too late to go to Target afterwards and the girls were full pumpkins by that time. So I am still without some sort of comforter or quilt for Emma's bed. That annoys me to quite an extreme.

We also stopped and looked at a house in our neighborhood that is up for sale. It is just another new house of one of the models I really would have loved to have purchased, but was not financially able to do when we were buying into this development. I love how Jim talks about us buying a house when we just invested a huge amount of time and money doing the landscaping as well as many indoor projects. I don't even have curtains on any windows in this house yet - just blinds - and he is talking like we are putting up a "For Sale" sign in the front yard. Personally, I never want to move again. And if I did, it would not be within the same neighborhood. It would be to a less expensive place (not smaller, which is total unreasonable) and maybe even in Minnesota. But not on Jackson Lane around the bend. I don't understand quite what gets into him sometimes. Next month he is going to Argentina for a business trip and maybe that will cool his heels a little. I think he just doesn't want to organize the garage. Moving would definitely get him out of that. I'll have to do an entirely separate post about the garage organizing.

After reading this entry, I see that I must be truly tired as there is no flow to the ideas or the narrative. That, I think, is unlike me. So I will turn off the soul-sucking computer and try to go to sleep. The caffeine should have worn off by now (I think it is a 6 hour effect, truthfully) and I might be able to get a whopping hours of sleep before my precious darlings are up. I see a long morning ahead of me.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

were you able to get some sleep last night - er this night? um - this morning once you went to bed? is mary feeling better?

rob does the same thing sometimes w/houses and such.

and hey! will you get some cool SOUTH AMERICAN SHWAG from argentina????

Kristen said...

um, yeah, me again. i just have to say...you are a bad bad person! what's this about taking me to a ridiculously adorable site w/adorable wee bitty things???? bad bad bad, i say!

okay, so not really. but still

:)

Canton Mommy said...

That site- it makes me want to have little snails everywhere. Honestly that women must stop making fantastic little creatures. I WANT EVERY ONE. She should sell them. It makes me think of something Lydia would make.

Derek said...

Man, if that was me, I'd probably end up going through a month's worth of therapy just to avoid going Sam Kinison..."Get these LITTLE FREAKIN' THINGS AWAY FROM ME!!! AAHHHH!! AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Oh, and I think the word is heroine, not hero-ess (not to be confused with heroin).

Finally, sometimes the stream of consciousness thing is a good thing. Just roll with it when it happens.

Canton Mommy said...

Hero-ess was elevating her to a new, as of yet unkown pedastal of people who make FABOO crafty cute things.

Diane said...

Cool! When are you moving to Minnesota? :-)