Friday, March 10, 2006

Tea Party


This is how the Mommy of small girls spends a Friday morning. Emma and Mary got dressed up in their Halloween costumes, as did their friend Zoe, and we went over to Zoe's house and had a tea party. I had made cookies last night and Trica had cleared her dining room for the event. She also found a table cloth to cover the table and put matching pillow cases on the backs of the chairs to make them all matching. Yes, I knew it would be a good thing to do this with Trica. I have a porcelain tea set that was given to us just for such an occasion and the girls happily used that. We put water in the Tea Pot, and since a lot of the water spent a lot of the time on the dresses, the table, and the floor, it was a Good Thing we did not use tea. Anyhow, don't you just love the color of her Dining Room? Just so Derek knows, it is not orange but Terra Cotta. Orange is a bad mistake, terra cotta is a design choice.

Tonight my parents are taking the kids for a couple of days and we are going to paint Emma's "Big Girl Room", add chair rails (Jim's ambition) and put in a closet organizer. If I have time I will do a Dora Princess Mural. There will be pictures, as always. We are also breaking down the guest room bed, which means my basement pictures will start having classy mattresses leaning against the walls. I just can't wait for that. The new furniture is coming Tuesday, but all of the bedding is back ordered until May. One thing at a time, I suppose! Well, enough chit chat, I have Things To Do while the girls are sleeping.

2 comments:

Lochmoor Mom said...

Ohmigod! The girls are too cute in their princess costumes! Glad the porcelain tea set worked out and didn't get destroyed....what good would it be if it never got used? Love the idea of starting 'tea time' at such a young age!
Good luck with the painting!

Derek said...

Definition of "terra cotta" (I looked it up): A brownish orange. So it's brownish orange. I would have been close.