Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mommy News all Around

Many things to talk about today. First, let's get the kid content in and over with. The "angels" are napping, but I am on the cusp of them waking up. Today, as the last week and a half, the girls are being more than slightly difficult. Below, in the previous post, you see what happened when Emma was told to put her underwear on. Yep, that's Dora underwear on her head. I really had to go to the bank and the grocery store. By all rights I should have let her go out like that, but rolling boil anger doesn't usually let you think that clearly. After we finally made it to the bank et al, I wanted to go work out but had left all of my workout clothes at home - in the washer. So we came back and I wanted to make some granola. The girls insist on helping any time I am in the kitchen, so after five minutes of them stirring rolled oats with large spoons, there was more of the 8 cups of Quaker oats on the counter and floor than in the bowl. So I banished them and made the granola without them. Right when I was getting out the hand vac to get the remains on the floor the phone rang. This is precisely when Mary BIT Emma hard enough on her back to break the skin. Yes, Reader, it has been a rough day in the parenting realm.

On another front, I worked out with a personal trainer yesterday. One hour of complete hell. That is what it was. This man was relentless. I wanted to be all tough and stoic, but my muscles could only do so much (we just worked on resistance training). At the end of the hour my fatigued muscles were shaking. I fell into bed when we got home and thought I had died. Unbelievable. I truly never knew a workout could feel like that. I'm not really sure I want it to feel like that again. However, I believe if I could work out that hard 4 times a week for a month, I would feel really skinny again. That was part of the frustration of not going this morning. Oh, well.

In other Mommy news, I have found the pictures that I want to include with that invite. I have to finish writing out the second half of it and should be able to send it off tomorrow. I don't really expect anything from it, but even a nice letter of regret would be fun to have. Any way, the pressure of serving a dinner like that would probably be incredible. I'll put the letter up after I send it off.

Final Mommy news that made me happier than reasonable today is in the mail. Emma got into the nursery school that I had been hoping to get her into. Not that there were tests or anything, just a waiting list. So I got the letter saying she would be going on Wednesdays and Fridays. No co-op this time around. I'm very excited about the whole thing.

The other thing that makes me happy is fresh out of the oven homemade granola. Mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a cool place to go to pre-school! We used to drive by the Real Life Farm all the time when we lived in Canton. Fiona would love it, as she is horse-crazy (and has been so for about 2.5 years).

Enjoy your granola...

Lochmoor Mom said...

Boy,do I have a knack for calling just at the wrong moment or what?!!

Congrats on the preschool of choice!