Tuesday, August 16, 2005

And So it Goes


Here's the rundown:

Emma has a bladder infection

Mary has an ear infection

I may have a sinus infection

We are one happy, sick family. It would explain why I have had such a short temper with the girls the last couple of days. Getting up with Emma many times a night (sometimes for an hour) caused me to get less sleep when I needed it the most. Interestingly enough, since my fan base seems to love the poop/pee topic, the bladder infection made Emma behave in the weirdest ways. Most notably, she would squat wherever she was (ice cream store, front porch, play park) and pee right through her clothes. A nice, solid stream that could not be mistaken for anything else would suddenly come out, along with the announcement (in case I hadn't noticed the action), "Momma, pee pee!!!". Yes, that was fun. So the training diapers went back on (nappies, for my British reader) until she is over this infection. Thankfully, hubby stayed home this morning the help with the children (see reference to my physical health). He ended up taking Ms. Emma in this AM to see the Doctor, who could not be seen yesterday but was available "right away" this morning. Apparently, it merely depends on which receptionist you get. I really liked this one.

On other notes, I am trying to figure out how to fanagle some home improvements. Yes, reader, we have only lived here for 3 years. However, the paint the builders put on is thin and worrisome at best, and I still have some places that need to be painted. Now I will tell you I spent a good amount of time last year while on bed rest (that is a phrase that does not really explain what happens when you are bulbously pregnant and have a toddler at home) sketching up decorating plans for the main floor. Every room has 'stages' in which to decorate and there is one room - the front living room- that remains as white as Mary Leona's soft skin. This must be attended to as quickly as possible. Also, one of our neighbors has transformed their laundry room by removing the closet doors in the room and putting a bench and various other usable things there for their children. I am so impressed with this possible use of space that I wanted to tear down the doors myself today. My headache, for better or for worse, is impeding immediate progress on that front. Hubby's solution is quite grand - he just wants to add another room on the second floor and move the laundry facilities there. I only realized he was serious after a solid week of hearty gaffawing at the idea. I'll let you know how that goes (*!snicker!*). I think I will scan and upload some of my sketches just for the heck of it. Just so you can share in my dream of a fully decorated/painted house.

2 comments:

Lochmoor Mom said...

My friend Dawn had her laundry roomn on the second floor in the house they had built years ago. She loved it on the second floor. Only problem is if you ever have any kind of water problem it will seep to the first floor. How nice it would be not to have to shlep the laundry up and down the stairs. While you are working on decorating sketches, can you come up with one for my first floor?

Lochmoor Mom said...

Oh, forgot to mention, love the pic of Mary!