Monday, August 15, 2005

Crying

Psalm 130 v.1-2, 5-6

Out of the depths I cry to you,
O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentiveto the voice of my supplications!

I wait for the Lord,
my soul waits,
and in his word I hope:
my soul waits for the Lord
more than those who watch for the morning,
more than those who watch for the morning.

I am not one to quote bible verses, especially on a blog that is supposed to be about the children. I am afraid, however, that a post about the children in my current state of mind would incur a visit from social services. So I was bumping around on blogs, when I meant to be playing a mindless video game to relieve some tension, and I found a blog by Apostle John. Huh - Derek will recognize him as someone who commented about his posting potential dating info. Others will recall that the Apostle John lived in the time of Christ. So, of course, I had to check it out (http://apostlejohn.blogspot.com/). It is an interesting blog, so I checked out some of the blogs he referenced - I HAD to read St. Casserole's input (http://www.stcasseroleblog.blogspot.com/). She had quoted these verses and I felt they were particularly calming. So, there you have it.

1 comment:

St. Casserole said...

I've loved this Psalm for years. Thanks for the reference to my blog. I'm a Mom, too.