Sunday, August 21, 2005

"As You Wish"

Laundry Room Closet: Before and Still in Progress

So Hubby and I are.... um.... 'discussing' changes to be made to the house. This is why I posted earlier about decorating and dreaming. He wants to add an entire new room on the second floor as well as move the laundry room up there. He says that interest rates will continue to rise and this will be the only time we will be able to do it. He is BENT on this. I want to paint the living room and add the chair rail moldings before the holidays. So we.... um... 'discussed' these and other things, where I informed him that I don't WANT to move my laundry room, I like it where it is. If it was more usable in it's multiple uses. I think I mentioned this before on the blog. So we look it over and he says, "OK, let's go to Home Depot". Do you remember, reader, the Pottery Barn cost of $560? We walked out of Home Depot with an $88 purchase. Two days later, I've got a bench. Now Hubby worked long and hard on Saturday and got most of the rough finishing done. Sunday would have seen this completed and painted, except that my ridiculous Sinus Infection flared up and I could do nothing this morning except sob in a corner of the room. So work was dropped while I slept some of the pressure off and the girls got some quality Daddy time. Later in the afternoon I was up to sitting on the couch and watching the kids while Jim finished the finer details of construction. It is now up to me, reader, to paint and to get the baskets and organizing tools to complete my beautiful new room. Hurray! I'll post the completed project when I get the chance. Remember that hubby will be traveling for a few weeks, so it may take longer to complete the last steps then it did to build the whole thing.

Now, don't you agree that this project was the better solution?

Sure you do.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Very cool bench! I hope that it works the way you planned! That sinus infection sounds awful - if you haven't seen a doctor yet you might want to check it out.

Was that a reference to the Princess Bride? :-)

Lochmoor Mom said...

Very nice! Further more, congrats to Jim for working so quickly! It would take my hubs six months to complete that job.

Canton Mommy said...

Of course it is!!!

Derek said...

So what about the SpongeBob poster?

Canton Mommy said...

Husband - It might work! But are they going to spit while they are in the penalty box? I don't like spitting. No spitting in the penalty box. And no dumping water on their own (or anybody elses) head.