Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A Letter to My Girls

Dearest Daughters,

To my truest and deepest loves of my heart, I say; I love you and comfort you when it is needed, even if the hour is dark and jagged. Your dependence on my words and touch are a great joy at any time. But there is a time for a nap, which should be strictly followed and even gladly adhered to. For this is a time when Mommas can shower and primp. It is a time to find a home for all toys to create the illusion that you are ever so content to be with me that you don't need to play with anything else. Naps are a time for your Momma to breathe deep and sit on a chair if she so wishes, for more then 3 seconds. Never has a great woman been made with a lack of sleep. So I tell you, go to sleep my babies. Do not despair when I do not answer your calls and your pleas. For it is time to sleep, and if you do not, you will at least stay in your cribs until the time comes that I am supposed to see your joyous and loving faces once again. For right now, sleep and do not fret. At the very least, do not call at me - give me the pleasure of a few quiet moments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I hear ya sister! Today for the second nap I put Victoria to nap in her crib instead of her swing.....this isn't going well. So, I sit in the office at the other end of the house so I don't have to hear the bellowing.....AKA 'crying it out'. My daughter dispises change. I need her to nap and I need her to like her crib for day naps as much as she does for night-night. I need several minutes to clean up the dog piss in my family room......AAAARRRGGGGG ..hate the doggie meds...only one more week of them. Of course by then my dog will be fully trained to potty inside instead of the yard. If only my daughters size 3 diaper would fit on my golden retriever....
In other news....Victoria's 6mo appointment went well! The hansome doctor (that's another story) said Victoria is perfect in evey way. I told him I thought so too!
Your right, I need to start my own blog.
Happy nap time! P.

Lydia Netzer said...

I don't get any nap time. I REMEMBER IT. IT IS NICE. Sadie grabs naps on the way to and from this or that in the car. And Benny hasn't napped since he was 2. When he stopped nursing he stopped napping, it was his small statement -- a TIT FOR TAT if you will.