Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Snowy Pajama Day and the Watermelon of Doom

The watermelon of doom was the title of one of the cartoon segments Emma watched today. I never got to find out what little moral came along with a watermelon of doom, since Mary needed to be fed, but I can only imagine what one could learn from a watermelon. Of doom.

Since I was wonderfully productive yesterday, I am dead tired and dragging today. And since Mary slept the entire night on Sunday night, she was up a lot last night to make up for it. Even Steven. So today we are having a pajama day. That means we get to lay in front of the TV with our pajamas on and Mommy doesn't have to put anyone's hair into pony tails or change anyone's clothes. This also means the Emma gets to climb on Mommy continuously. It is fun. Emma is not quite herself and I think she is getting her back molars. Well, more molars, since she has fewer on one side then the other. This teething thing never ends. And just when Emma will FINALLY be done, Mary should start right up where Emma left off. So I should get nearly 4 years of continuous teething between the two girls. Why didn't anyone make some sort of presentation with all of this information before I started having kids? Of course, if anyone had told me about the watermelon of doom I might have acted differently, too.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Why do think I'm standing back and watching all of this from a safe distance? Well, I'm off to bed for a full night's sleep in my quiet home.

Anonymous said...

After putting my daughter to bed..for the second time tonight....I got on the computer to surf and Chris yells from the family room 'You gotta come in here and see this". I roll my eyes...now what. Chris just got a VCR hooked up to the TV. We have one in the basement but that's another story. He poped in a video that I had no idea we had. It was a video of our WEDDING! A friend of my brother took the video, gave it to my mom and she gave it to Chris and it's been hanging around here for two and a half years and we just now see it! I laughted, I cried....blah, blah, blah. At the reception guests were told in order for us to kiss they had to sing a song with the word 'love' in it. Guess, just guess who was the very first person to sing a song just nano seconds after that announcement!! YES!!! It was YOU ANN!!! You looked WONDERFUL!!! Very slender with a cute hair cut..drink in hand not knowing you were prego with Emma! It was wonderful to see it all.
What a wonderful way to end the evening. Happy times. :)