Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Long Time, No Blog

Well, it has been a long time, as far as updating this goes! I have not been phenomenally busy, just busy enough and rather tired since Mary has decided to be up at all hours of the night again. I am really beginning to wonder when I will ever get a full night's rest. But on to cheerier things.

Last week was my birthday on Wednesday. My mom came down for the day, which was one of the nicest presents I got. Well, the new carseat (for Mary) was very nice, too. We had pizza for dinner and I tutored in the evening. Jim made a nice cake with homemade buttercream frosting and even put candles on it. It was a very nice birthday.

On Saturday we had the family party here (Jeff's birthday was Friday - THE BIG 3-0), and everything went well. I got BOOKS galore (I had asked for them) and a nice new sweater that fits me perfectly. Few clothes fit perfectly after being pregnant, so that was truly something worth commenting on. Afterwards, my parents stayed and put the kids to bed so we could go out to dinner. Jim and I had a good time trying to come up with conversation that did not involve Emma or Mary. Well, we figured it out and had a nice, long dinner at Bucca di Beppo's Italian restaurant. We even had a couple of drinks.

Emma is repeating just about every word anyone says. She also likes to play pretend with her dolls by "changing" their diapers. She lays them on the floor and puts the legs up, then exclaims "WHEW!", as if she had just encountered the STINKIEST diaper ever. It is the funniest thing. She also has begun to play hide and seek. However, it does involve her standing in the middle of the room with her eyes covered when she hides. We do have a lot of fun with it.

Mary is 6 1/2 months old already. She is babbling away all of the time. She squeals with delight any time Emma gets near her. Her favorite game to play is Ring Around the Rosie when Emma is involved. Sometimes I think she is going to burst from laughing so hard. She still does not crawl and hates being on her tummy. Since she can roll on to it but not off, she gets there and gets pretty cranky sometimes. She will learn soon enough and then be REALLY mobile.

Well, I still have to put away groceries. We tried Meijer again this week and it was not half as bad as last week. I was armed with fruit snacks, toys, and bottles for both girls and it was a lot smoother. So I will try to keep this up more often!

No comments: