Monday, December 20, 2004

8:00 and All is Well

This is a real change. I am typing from the main computer, while SITTING down. Both kids are in bed and quiet (not necessarily asleep, but I will take what I can get). Usually I am standing at the kitchen counter typing on the laptop while Emma and Mary are within sight and immediate sprinting range.

To recover from the busy weekend I had to hire a babysitter for an hour and a half so that I could shower and put away laundry. This was the first time I had to pay someone so that I could have time to shower - I don't see this as a good trend. And don't get me started on the Sisyphean task of laundry in this household. Speaking of endless tasks, I don't think I will get my Christmas cards out for the 2nd year in a row. I am not even done making them. Sure, I could be doing them right now, but then I wouldn't have this therapeutic journaling occurring. I'm just letting the card thing go for a little bit. It might be easier if I didn't try to make them every year. After I finish this bunch (which I started last year) I may do something different. I just can't imagine having more time when both children are mobile. Cards with family pictures on them are looking better and better.

No comments: