Monday, December 27, 2004

Running the Caverns in Java

Have you even ventured in the caves of Java? Ann told me I really had to see them a few days ago, so we embarked on family land skif and offed to a remote and bazaar land. We were greated by two non-pluses natives and charged an entry tax. Then we entered their strange land and before I could tell Emma to beware the pythons, she had shimmied up and over a padded log and into the "toddler zone"; an area which includes all the padding the any parent of a toddler wishes they could incorporate into their own homes.

While Emma played with the stuffed serpent and aligater, we procured nurishment to help us recover from our journey and set up camp in an abandonded native village of some sort. The darkened jungle lay north of us and sounds of the native wildlife beckoned to our daughter who soon loosed herself from her relative safe confines and dashed into the caves.

Ann told me that she wanted to play on the slide... I had no idea what I was in for! Emma led me across a mote (with a conveniently located sliding bar so the naive can glide across to the other side) and into a maze of chambers where we encountered a group of natives engaged in some sort of religous experience. We then climbed up a craggy hole in slid down a bumpy slide. Emma was delighted and dashed back in with Daddy in tow (Ann told me someone needed to watch Mary). This time I spent twenty minutes crawling (you can only stand if you are less then 40 inches tall) after her trying to keep her from getting stuck or worse.

At the end of this, I felt like I had been through the obstacle course at basic training. My wife looks at me and says, "Try doing that while carrying a baby!" I can't wait to go back to the office...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, fun reading and all I could do is smile and shake my head as Victoria pulls another clump of my hair. Enjoy office land!!! PVM

Derek said...

Way to hang tough there, dude. Particularly after the entry tax. I thought the only places that did that tended to be populatated by females wearing small amounts of clothing and males wearing way too much cologne, both while indulging in large quantities of adult beverages.

Anonymous said...

Entered the jungle myself last night. Cooper and Caleb found it to be the best place in the world. What a racket. Charge an arm to get in and a leg to eat.

Suzze