Friday, December 17, 2004

Blog Hacker

So I am sitting on the kitchen floor and playing with my new blog. Jim is trying to figure out why our new digital camera will not be recognized by our feisty computer. Once he gets that working I can upload some pictures, such as one for my profile.I am using my laptop - which, in an endearing way, can only be used while connected to its powersource or plugged in. Some may think this defeats the purpose of a laptop and they would have more money then I would and would just go buy a better computer. So, instead of standing at the counter, which I do during the day as I breeze by and check e-mail, I am sitting on the floor. And in exploring this web blogging site, I find out that they have single handedly tried to redefine 'hacker'. To put a good spin on it, they say anyone who messed with the page to alter it is hacking it. But they try to say this is a good thing. Well, that would make me a hacker. I added the quote of the day into the code (and managed to figure out where to put it as wells as center the darn thing, and the counter on the bottom. This all makes me think I am pretty cool - like I am the ONLY person that can understand and manipulate HTML! Fingering the code is about the extent of my knowledge. Anything else I just pretend to ignore. Then I look at Lydia's site and I realize that there is a whole other level of computer manipulation out there. Ordinarily that would piss me off and I would have to make a BIGGER and BETTER site. But right now I am pleased as punch to have a flower counter. That is just what my life has come down to - no motivation for healthy competition. However, I think something may be wrong with the counter because it still reads zero. Of course, it may not count me, and I may be kidding myself to think that I have an audience that checks this regularly. I know that my former nemesis checks this site, but that is part of his stalking requirements that never expire no matter how hard one tries to resign or retire from that position. But I digress.

Well it doesn't look like the evening is panning out to include a movie or putting away miles of laundry. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to bed now. Maybe Mary will sleep all night tonight. And maybe I'll have a monetary windfall tonight while Mary sleeps soundly. I could also get hit by lightning while in my bed - while Mary sleeps soundly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should start posting at strange times (like 3:18 am) to really give this stalker thing some merit. In my defense, it was never mentioned when I accepted the nemesis position that it was similar to being put on the Supreme Court--a lifetime appointment.

I haven't seen Lydia's site to compare, but if she doesn't have any corporate sponsorships, if you want to beat her to that punch, let me know. However, that will probably fall short of anything that could be considered a "windfall".

On a seperate note, for the record, when I looked the counter said 14. Since I don't think I've been here 14 times, somebody else is looking.
--N.F.

Canton Mommy said...

Great - now I am paranoid. Who is looking? Do I know 14 people that I told about the blog? How are they finding it? Huh. It is worth pondering. As for the lifetime post, a good nemesis is hard to find and I would not be giving one up that easily.

Canton Mommy said...

Lydia's site is at http://www.enetzer.com/. I hope she doesn't mind me linking her site....

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not sure if this is good or bad news for you. Your counter is counting page views, not visitors. Seems my checking up on you has bounced the number up to almost 40. I know this because I've been watching it climb as I check other pages. So you can rest easy that the world is not watching, but be disappointed because, well, the world is not watching.
--F.N.