Thursday, December 16, 2004

Sleepless Training

This sleep training thing is NOT working. Of course, Mary's cold is back and I think that causes everything to be different. Poor baby cannot breathe very well from all of the congestion. It makes it hard to fall asleep under these circumstances. I also think we have to put her to bed early, like 7 pm. So tonight, we will start over. I never knew it was so hard to learn to stay asleep.

On an interesting point, Emma has begun to understand the atmosphere of shows. Yesterday, whenever the 'bad guy' came on in a show, she would get slightly upset and say, 'uh-oh!' with increasing alarm. This was the first time she has shown that level of understanding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean to tell me someone wrote a book on a sleep philosophy borrowed from Cosmo Kramer (sleep an hour, stay up the next 3)? And by the way, I'm not the one that's tired. I sleep just fine, thank you.
--F.N. (Former Nemesis)

Canton Mommy said...

Not only did they write it, they charge $14.95 for it and cite many studies that weary parents are really not interested in. But who is to say that Kramer did not use THEIR philosophy! I know, that is a weak argument but it is the best I can come up with at the moment. At least I have cookies to eat.

Anonymous said...

Do you honestly think I don't have cookies in this house???
--F.N.